Join NAMI in Buffalo & Erie County
As a member of NAMI in Buffalo & Erie County, you will join with parents, spouses, siblings, friends and people who have been diagnosed with a mental illness to advocate for improved treatment and a better quality of life for those who have a mental illness.
Thank you! We appreciate your support for NAMI in Buffalo & Erie County.
Membership includes subscription to NAMI newsletters; e-alerts at local, state and national levels. It also includes access to our local chapter's media library and discounts on NAMI web "store" materials; up-to-date information on medications, research, and legislative issues; voting privileges at local and state levels, and it builds our voting strength at the NAMI national level.
Your contribution makes a significant impact on families and individuals right here in western New York.
NAMI is a neighbors-helping-neighbors organization that provides family support, education, and advocacy that government and agencies typically do not. Your contribution will have a significant impact on our ability to continue our work and expand our reach at local, state, and national levels.
Here are some ways we put your donation to work:
- Continue our strong public advocacy, demanding improved services for persons living with mental illness and their families
- Address insensitivity to persons with mental illness in the criminal justice system
- Increase public awareness through brochures, videos, the internet and publications
- Bring you the latest information on research, treatment and important mental health issues through our newsletter, this website, workshops and events, and e-alerts on fast-moving issues
- Conduct education programs such as Family-To-Family and Project Homefront for family members and caregivers of individuals who have mental illness
- Promote anti-stigma awareness through teaching for all ages (youth, adults, and family members); watchdogging the entertainment industry; use of media and real-time events and outreach; and training health professionals and community leaders
- Continue to support our mission to improve care and treatment for mentally ill individuals and provide care, support, education, and information to those who have a mental illness, as well as their families, providers, and the community.
NAMI in Buffalo & Erie County is a 501(c)3 charitable organization, and your
gift is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.